Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Timeless Tuesday Guest Designer

I am so thrilled and honored to be the guest designer for Flourishes this month. From the first time I discovered their stamps I've been hooked on the elegant and gorgeous stamp sets.  The challenge this week is silhouettes and I used this beautiful First Noel set and embossed it in white on black paper.  I added a beautiful carnival border from Cheery Lynn around the card and then some very sparkly silver snowflakes to the corners.  Silver holographic mirror card and the base card is black.  Please check out the Design Teams wonderful creations:
Allison Cope
Amanda Havon
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Denise Marzec
Maki Jones




14 comments:

kathi17 said...

Wow, this is very elegant. Gorgeous card Karen, and congratulations on being guest designer!

Amanda said...

Karen, I Love how bold and striking your card is!! That white on black looks so beautiful, and that shiny silver metallic paper is Amazing!! It just pops that image even more! The whole feel that you created with your card is wonderful, Karen! :)

~ Amanda :)

Leanne ... said...

This First Noel Set looks just lovely on this card Karen.

Enjoy being a guest designer for Flourishes. Congrads...
Blessings...Leanne

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen! I love the white on black - so classic! Thanks for joining us this month! Can't wait to see what else you create!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Karen!! This is so gorgeous! Love the white on black! The snowflakes on the corners are such a beautiful touch too.

Colleen said...

Karen,
Congrats on the guest designer spot. This is a beautiful example of why you should have the guest spot. Your work is amazing.

Broni said...

This is so beautiful and elegant! So perfect to celebrate the reason for the season!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen your card is just BEAUTIFUL. I'm so happy you are designing with us.!!~

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful use of this stamp set Karen!

Lenoria said...

This card is breathtaking! Congratulations, and I could not think of a better person to be a guest designer on any of the creative blogs! You have always been an inspiration to me and I am always in awe of your cards.

TLady said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! HOW ELEGANT!!!!!!!!!! You did a BEAUTIFUL JOB on this!!!!!!!!! (sigh!) ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :)

Liz Williams said...

A gorgeous card with the true story of Christmas. I always love seeing that and wow, the embellishing you did is awesome. Congratulations on being guest designer. Flourishes is one of my favorites, and I'm a big fan of your work too.

Greta said...

Congratulations! Lovely card!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card, Karen! So excited that you're designing with us this month.