Friday, September 28, 2012

Birthday Wreath for my boss

I made this birthday card for my boss. She is turning 76 this Sunday.  She runs the little cafe where I wait tables sometimes and she has finally decided to retire.  I got this beautiful paper from one of big box stores, not sure which one but the darker flourishes on it are glittered.  I used two plain circles to cut out the shape and then added lots of the leaves from Cheery Lynn's flourish leaf strip.  Then cut out several strips of the pretty medium roses and used pop dots to put them together.  I used a stylus and soft pad to shape the petals.  I added some dried flowers from Michaels and pearls to finish this card.  I hope she likes it. 

2 comments:

SAMARA said...

amazing, gorgeous and so creative for the type of person (job) you are giving it to. such thought put into this Karen. I love what you did to the leaves. who would know it was a bag underneath!!!

Leanne ... said...

Very lovely card Karen. I'm sure she will love it!

Where do you get time to work sometimes and do cards? Wow! Good for you. You go girl!

Hugs...Leanne