Monday, March 18, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room, anything goes

I absolutely love vintage/shabby but have a hard time with it.  After seeing the winners card on The Shabby Tea Room,  I decided to try and case it somewhat.  I used a 6x6 card, several papers from DCWV and edged them in silver pen.  The pretty mesh border is from Cheery Lynn Designs.   The cute little die in the center is a center piece of the Anja Square by Marianne dies.  I added lots of bling to the card with lace, flowers, leaves, baby's breath and pearls.  I didn't have the same elements as Kathy's card but she gave me great ideas on making it more vintage, thanks so much Kathy!! 

4 comments:

Leanne ... said...

This one deserves a comment from me. It's BEAUTIFUL! I love Shabby Chic and Vintage, also.
Hugs...Leanne

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh...this is stunning! I love the way you edged the papers in silver, and the baby's breath is such a beautiful addition to your floral cluster. Brava! :)

Dianne said...

Well Miss Karen I think Vintage,Shabby is your thing, you created a beautiful card, I went to the Tea room and yours is one of the prettiest there so never doubt your self my dear, Thanks for sharing this and have a great day..

kathi17 said...

Wow, this is really really gorgeous!