Friday, October 8, 2010

Flourishes October sketch

This sketch is for the Flourishes October challenge. I chose these images and decided to do a masculine card. Pardon my printing but the red paper won't go thru my printer.  My DH is retired Navy so I've heard the saying many times, red sky at night sailors delight, red sky in the morning, sailors warning.  I thought it fit this card perfectly.  Copics to color and airbrush it. Brown glitter paper and the background map is from Flourishes also. Red stardream CS to finish it and a gold leafing pen around the edges with some dark red gems.

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Love the colors in this card Karen! The shades of blue in the map and the red of the sky are just gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

I used to say that all the time to my kids..This is beautiful Karen..I love the way you colored your sky.. Perfect job with the sketch.

Julie Koerber said...

Karen, this is just beautiful with the airbrushing... wow!! The pop of gold just adds a regal flair!

stampqueen said...

Wonderful card!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful red sky, and love it with the map background! Nice job with the sketch, Karen!