Friday, December 12, 2014

Floating background with Cheery Lynn

I made this pretty floating background using the Dainty Dutch Doily Square die cut. I cut two of them and then sliced them from corner to corner and pieced them together face down on acetate.I cut the 5.5 square of acetate and then trimmed the corners of the die to make it fit.  I used 3-D tape to adhere it to the background paper so it looks like it's floating inside the frame.  I just cut a frame to cover the edges and added some holographic peel off borders. The saying is a peel off and I hand cut the tag and used a gold pen to edge it. I made a poinsettia and holly leaves from Cheery Lynn as well and layered them over the bow. 

1 comment:

shulsart said...

Very cool technique, Karen and a lovely holiday card. Love the non traditional colors.