Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crafty secrets "seeing red"

Our challenge today over at Split Coast Crafty Secrets forum was to use red on our card. I just got this new set from CS and I think she is adorable. I stamped her in memento black ink, colored with copics and then used Spica pens over the red and green, puffy white paint from Michaels with prisma glitter over it. I took a MS fern and leaf punch used some stickles on them and added a prima flower. The ribbon is from my stash and I used the same scattered straw distress ink on it that I used around the image. Paper is from last year, not sure who made it but I think it's K&Co.  Check out the forum on Split Coast, we always have a lot of fun and fabulous ideas to share.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS Karen! So glad you enjoyed the challenge. I received MY card from you yesterday ... what a wonderful surprise and what a gorgeous creation! Thanks so much!!! Happy Holidays to you my friend!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love the way you did the puffy paint and glitter for the fur bits - very clever! and the leaves and flower are perfect!

Jan Hennings said...

Karen,
This is just gorgeous..lovely image and the red flower is a beauty!
THANK YOU for the BEAUTIFUL Christmas card! You're so thoughful :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love this vintage card, and your sponging around the little girl, and the echoing of the ferny punch and the holly she's carrying.

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Be blessed!