Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Neutrals

I made this pretty neutral card for two different challenges.  The first one is The Shabby Tea Room, and the second one is Our Daily Bread Design.  I started with a 6x6 card, trimmed a piece of the Prima Nature Garden paper and edged it in gold pen.  I added a Cheery Lynn  Polynesian sails oval and used the center of this die for the corners. I added a spellbinders oval in the center for the saying.  I added two Mini Fanciful Flourish, 3 leafs from the Flourish Leaf Strip and the flowers are made from Roses medium and miniature.  I distressed the die cuts with tea dye distressed ink.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Design  Each Minute.   Be sure to visit each of the blogs and see the wonderful inspiration there.  

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, karen!! love the soft colors you used and the gorgeous die cuts... thanks so much for joining us this week for the Shining the Light challenge!

Maria said...

Gorgeous die cuts used and lovely color! Beautiful flowers and wonderful sentitment, too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Karen!! I just love your use of dies and the soft colors. Perfect framing of the scripture!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
blessings,
Chris

NancyD said...

This is such a lovely creation Karen. NancyD