Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Using Kraft paper

I made this cascading card for the challenge on Flourishes blog. We were to use Kraft paper on our card, now I don't have any actual Kraft paper and neither did 3 stores I went to.  I did however have some beautiful bazzill that same color.  I picked up this pretty print paper yesterday at a local store and decided it would work fine with the Kraft color.  The flowers, leaves, mini flourish and butterflies are all from Cheery Lynn designs.  The center flourish is from my favorite things and the left flourish is a Marianne die.  The beautiful Botanical book plate with matching die is from Flourishes. 
I colored the image with just a little bit of copic marker and then edged it in gold and distressed linen.  I added some gems to the flower and butterflies to finish the card.  There is a great 5 year anniversary party over at Flourishes so hop over there and participate to win some goodies!!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Karen,
This card is really pretty I've never seen one of these.

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Karen! I love those butterflies! Thanks for joining us for the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes!

Leanne ... said...

What a nice job you've done on this card. Never saw a cascading card before. Nicely done Karen.
Hugs...Leanne