Sunday, December 18, 2011

Opposites Attract

Opposites attract is the theme for this challenge on Flourishes blog.  We were to use the same stamp set for two totally different looks.  For this card I'm using their stamp set,  Christmas Candles and this card is made into a birthday card.  I used their key hole die cut for the shape around the candle, then I traced the outer edge to make the backing for it.  The beautiful Victorian flourish and leaf flourish are from
Cheery Lynn.  The fern is a MS punch and the rose is from Prima. Background paper is adhesive fabric paper from JoAnn's.  I colored the image with copic markers and added some stickles.
For my Christmas card I used the same stamp and die cut, added some holly leaves from a MS punch and the spellbinders poinsettia.  Colored the image with copic markers and added glitter to the hurricane and candle.  I used a pre-made bow and ribbon to finish the card.  


8 comments:

Evette K. said...

This is truly an amazing card, I just love it. Not often does a card jump out at me like this one did. Congrats...a great job gf. Hope you have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year. evette

Colleen Dietrich said...

Whoa! YOu've captured such a neat sparkliness to your glass hurricanes, Karen! They look real!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS!!!! These are perfect opposite cards Karen! Love them both! Hugs and happy holidays, ~S~

Beate said...

Karen, both cards look wonderful! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

SAMARA said...

Karen, the lamps are gorgeous! I love the swirls at the side. How's the TV doing?

shatril said...

Oh Karen these are just lovely as usual. Love the Hurricane Lamp Shades.

Hugz

shatril said...

Oh Karen these are just lovely as usual. Love the Hurricane Lamp Shades.

Hugz

ChristineCreations said...

OH I just love the elegance to the pink card Karen. The flourishes and the flower and the leaves....all combined with that ribbon are gorgeous!