Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Daily Bread Design sketch

This wonderful sketch is from Our Daily Bread Design blog.  I started out with a 5x7 green card, then added a piece of soft yellow and ran it through the musical 5x7 cuttlebug folder.  The red scalloped DP is from my stash and I used a scalloped XL cove rectangle stacker from Cheery Lynn Designs, edged with a gold pen.  The green die is a Spellbinders label 21, I stamped the musical background from ODBD on this and edged it in gold.  The holly inverted circle is from Spellbinders, I cut it out of cardboard and then added the DP from K&Co over it, edged it in gold also.  The holly leaves are a Martha Stewart punch and I edged them in gold, added some dark red gems. The flower was white and I used a copic R39 garnet to color it and the center pearl is colored with Y8 bright yellow.  The spellbinders fancy tag was cut out of yellow and edged with gold, the wishing you warm wishes for a bless Christmas season from Our Daily Breads Warm wish set.  Please be sure to hop over to the ODBD blog and see the fabulous creations and inspiration from the design team!!

8 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Karen - this is stunning!! Love the nestie you chose - its edges remind me of holly leaves with its points! Beautiful combination of reds and greens all backed by the beautiful "music" in the back! Great card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Karen! Love the pretty holly!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Gorgeous card! Loved the poinsettia.

Beate said...

What an elegant card, Karen!
Hugs and smiles

Wanda Cullen said...

A beautiful card, Karen! Love your embossed music BG! Thanks for playing along with us in the ODBDSLC!

SAMARA said...

Thank you Karen. I love the off centreing of this! the poinsettas are really beautiful against the paper. And the dies below...man, would I like to be a die robber at your house! Hey, ecstasy crafts has all new Cheery Lynn Dies (but of course you probably have them all already!!) I ordered a ream of Neenah...$35.00 Canadian. It broke my bank, for my Copics! I would LOVE to get the dies, but no way. It kills me to get their mailings. Do you get yours in person or on line and where do you find they are the least expensive. How do you choose between all your dies, and how do you organize/keep them, if you don't mind me asking all these questions! You must know me as the inquisitive organizer friend by now. haha. Oh, I can't wait to see this one below. I can see a tad of it...my fav colors...but only a tad. I wish feedblitz would get its act together and let me subscribe to you again. I'm going to do it again right now. Maybe the Christmas spirit hit them. ROFL! Spirited Love, Samara

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Karen!! I just love the embossed music and all your holly. Beautiful take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Karen, this is a gorgeous interpretation of the ODBD Sketch...love it! Thanks for joining us...hugs and happy holidays, ~Silke~