Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Bird challenge

Unfortunately I needed a sympathy card today for our previous minister.  His mom passed away this week.  I tried to keep this somewhat masculine which is really hard for me but I think this will be ok.  Our challenge on Flourishes blog is to use birds on our card so this worked out great.   This branch and bird are from the Home tweet home collection.    I stamped in memento rich cocoa and colored with copics.  I used spellbinders scalloped square with labels 15 behind it.  I edged everything with a gold pen and used an EK punch for the corners.  I added some bling and a peel off sentiment to finish the card.   

2 comments:

Janie Printz said...

I know sympathy cards are hard to make but you certainly will bless him with this wonderful card. I love the colors & the warmth you've put into it.
Janie

Unknown said...

Your sympathy card is so beautiful Karen. Thank you so much for playing along at the FTTC!